Not able to install plugins in JIRA server

venugopal123 August 28, 2017

Hi Team,

When am trying to install the plugins in JIRA server and its not all installing .It was throwing an error .Can you consider this on priority and help me back . Iam attaching Screen shots and log files of my client Jira instance. Please refer thos and get me happy as soon as possible  . Jira plugin installing error.PNGCataline.out log file of JIRA in CentOS.JPG

1 answer

1 vote
Daniel Eads _unmonitored account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2017

Hi Venu,

Unfortunately it looks like the screenshot of your log file doesn't contain the info relevant to the error you're seeing in the Add-on Manager.

Based on what you're seeing in JIRA itself, I might recommend checking the permissions on JIRA's HOME directory. The account JIRA is running under needs to have write access to the entire directory - if it's unable to write plugin downloads, it's possible you might see something like this.

Otherwise, I think we will need to see more of your log file (tools like https://pastebin.com/ are helpful for dumping large portions of your log if needed) to figure out what's happening.

Best,
Daniel

venugopal123 August 28, 2017

Thank you Very much Daniel for your Quick response . I will check that by giving write permissions to the JIRA home directory and let you know . 

venugopal123 August 30, 2017

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your support . Its working fine now.Iam able to install the pugins.

Thanks & Regards,

venu

Suggest an answer