Not able to get mention user in comment section to work

Hosting June 18, 2015

Hi

I am working in the comment section of JIRA bug.  i go to the + symbol and pressed on it.  I chose user mention and typed in the name of the person.  His name did not get added nor worked.  I have tried this countless times and nobody in the team can get this feature to work

Can someone help me solve this

4 answers

1 vote
Marcus Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 4, 2015

Hi Siddhant,

If this is related to a single project, the Browse users permission shouldn't be causing the problem since that is a global permission.

You may want to confirm your Comment field is set to use the "Wiki Style Renderer" renderer in the Field configuration scheme used by this project.

0 votes
Siddhant Gogri November 4, 2015

Hi Marcus,

I have the same problem for a single project. In other projects I can use mention.

I verified the browse user permission is given and browse project permission is also given.

Can you help?

Christian Paredes November 25, 2015

Have the same issue. Jira Software 7.0 I can assign all users to a task but certain users I cannnot add to the comment @mention (name just does not appear) > seems like a bug! Most users work. Now permissions, and gliobal permissions are ok. Also all users are on the same group... (8 users work 1 does not) but according to the permissions helper he is configured the same)

0 votes
Hosting June 20, 2015

Hi Marcus

Thanks so much for ure assistance.  This issue has been bothering me for so long and it was  problem for the team.  I was able to enable now the browse Users permission in JIRA and added all the users who are part of the project.  The issue I was having is now solved.  Thanks so much for all your help. 

Very much appreciated

0 votes
Marcus Silveira
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2015

Hi Sam,

When you try to mention the users, are any users suggested when you start typing?

I believe you may not have the Browse Users permission enabled in JIRA. Please make sure you do have that and verify if the User suggestion is being displayed then.

Cheers

Suggest an answer