Not able to find some issue of project "Archive ET"

tarik October 7, 2014

Hi,

I am not able to find around 1850 issues from one of our project "Archive ET". Issues between AE-20874 and 

AE-22724 are missing. Would like to know where my issues are and why it is not showing up in my project?

3 answers

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 9, 2014

Hey Tarik,

From your description "Archive ET" being the project name it sounds like you may have moved these issues from another project with a bulk move, for archiving purposes, is this correct?

If so I am working on testing out an BUG related to bulk operations, where Issue Security locks all users out of some or all issues in a project, and cannot be found in the UI.  I have a Knowledge base article here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Issue+Security+Levels+Locks+Issues+From+All+Users

Please check this out and let us know if this is your case as well.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2014

They could also have been deleted or moved, or your index damaged.  

• You can check for "moved" by just trying the URL of the issue that's missing - JIRA will redirect to the new location.
  • You can check a damaged index by doing exactly the same thing.  Searches rely on the index, but directly viewing a "missing" issue does not, it goes to the database.  If you have issues that show in their "view", but don't turn up in a search or report, it's the index.  If that happens, try re-indexing (either the project or everything)
  • As an admin, as Davy says, check the security scheme is not hiding them (remember, admin rights mean admin rights, not "ignore all the security and get to see everything", so you need to check the security scheme on the project)
  • If it's not the three above, then they've been deleted.  You can check the "audit log" in admin to see who might have done it, but that assumes you have the logging enabled.

tarik October 7, 2014

Problem is there are around 22724 issue under AE-Projects. But now I am not able to find issues from AE-20875 to AE-22724. What to know what happen to those issue as there are no delete right to other users other then Admin and no one delete those issue.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2014

Could you work through the first three points please? What happens when you try http://yourjira/browse/AE-21000 ? That will answer the first two points. Then check what the security scheme is on the project? Then we can talk about deletion. But there's no point in talking about delete until you've checked the other three possibilities.

0 votes
davy
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 7, 2014

Hi Tarik,

Your problem description is not clear enough to determine what the problem is.

However, I suspect there is an issue security scheme active on the project
(or there was and it was not removed correctly)

Cheers,

Suggest an answer