Not able to edit multiple links of issue in an issue

Ankur Mehrotra June 12, 2014

Hi Team

I have added multiple link of issues to an issue by calling a post function on the click of create button in a workflow.

But since there is no edit option available in the workflow,I am unable to add multiple links to an issue.

Please advise further.

Thanks in advance

Thanks Ankur

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2014

I'm not sure what the question is here - you've talked about a post-function to add links but I don't know what that has to do with the edit in the workflow (or even what "edit in the workflow" means - do you mean the transition screen where you can update fields during a transition?)

Yes I am talking about the update fields during transition

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2014

Ok, so what's the post-function relevance, and what are you actually trying to do?

Problem - I want to add multiple link - issues to an issue while I am editing an issue.

When I am creating an issue , I am able to add multiple links through a post function which is called in the workflow of creation.

The same thing I want to achieve is when I am doing edit to an issue.

Since edit is not part of any workflow , hence I am unable to do the same.

Please advise.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 12, 2014

Ah, I see.

No. The Edit function does not have post-functions.

Your options are to move Edit into the workflow (so don't allow your users to edit directly, just move through the flow) or do your link additions as a listener instead of a post-function. A listener can pick up "issue updated" events thrown by the edit function and act on them.

Ankur Mehrotra June 14, 2014

Thanks a lot Nic

Suggest an answer