Not able to delete the attached files

Amrutha Venkatarayappa
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 21, 2024

Hi team,

One of my colleagues has uploaded a file and he is no more in this organization. I need to delete this file from Jira and add updated file but jira does not show me the option to delete file. 

I tired assigning jira in my name and delete but this does not work too. 

Can someone suggest how to delete files uploaded by others in jira.

Thanks

Amrutha 

1 answer

1 vote
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2024

Hi @Amrutha Venkatarayappa 

Welcome to the Community!

I assume you are using Jira Data Center. There are two permissions for deleting attachments in Jira:

Delete Own Attachments

Users with this permission may delete own attachments.

Delete All Attachments

Users with this permission may delete all attachments.

You need the Delete All Attachments permission to delete attachments not owned by you.

I hope this helps!

Amrutha Venkatarayappa
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 21, 2024

Hi @Tuncay Senturk ,

Could you please let me know where to apply for the access. I need to get access for "Delete All Attachments"

Thanks,

Amrutha CV

Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2024

Hi,

On project settings page you will find permissions, there you will be able to edit and update project permission scheme.

Suggest an answer