Not able to create issue via this Service Desk.

Daniel Micallef May 6, 2016

A user who has created similair issues in the past is suddenly unable to create issue via Service Desk. The permission helper confirms that the user has the required permissions. The following error messages are displayed in the catalina.out:

2016-05-06 12:00:00,797 Sending mailitem com.atlassian.jira.mail.SubscriptionMailQueueItem owner: 'andrew.borg(andrew.borg)' WARN andrew.borg    Mail Queue Service [c.a.jira.mail.MailingListCompiler] Can not send e-mail to 'Andrew Borg' [andrew.borg], e-mail address ('') not set. Skipping...
2016-05-06 12:02:53,061 analyticsEventProcessor:thread-1 ERROR andrew.borg     [c.a.a.client.listener.ProductEventListener] Failed to send analytics event com.atlassian.analytics.api.events.MauEvent@b3985b64
2016-05-06 12:02:53,285 analyticsEventProcessor:thread-1 ERROR andrew.borg     [c.a.a.client.listener.ProductEventListener] Failed to send analytics event com.atlassian.analytics.api.events.MauEvent@ef05ac4a

The image below shows the error message displayed in the Service Desk GUIBW-SP.png

Is there any ideas about what I need to look for?

4 answers

0 votes
Daniel Micallef May 10, 2016

Hi Chris, yes I am using an external user directory. I have now added an email address to the particular user, and synchronised the directory, however the user is still unable to create an issue via Service Desk.

The following logs are given for the particular user at about the time he was trying to set the issue, however I do not think this has any link to the problem.

2016-05-10 10:42:06,542 com.atlassian.mywork.client.reliability.DefaultUnreliableWorker:thread-23 WARN andrewb 670x675x1 1047h4f 10.242.5.3,192.168.202.36 /rest/api/1.0/issues/434910/watchers [apache.commons.httpclient.SimpleHttpConnectionManager] SimpleHttpConnectionManager being used incorrectly.  Be sure that HttpMethod.releaseConnection() is always called and that only one thread and/or method is using this connection manager at a time.
2016-05-10 10:42:06,574 com.atlassian.mywork.client.reliability.DefaultUnreliableWorker:thread-23 WARN andrewb 670x675x1 1047h4f 10.242.5.3,192.168.202.36 /rest/api/1.0/issues/434910/watchers [apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase] Going to buffer response body of large or unknown size. Using getResponseBodyAsStream instead is recommended.

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 votes
Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 9, 2016

That is strange.

However, I always thought email address was a required field for a customer / user of JIRA Service Desk. It seems to be for me. See below.

image2016-5-9 14:8:47.png

Not sure how you have a user without an email address. Are you using an external user directory?

0 votes
Daniel Micallef May 8, 2016

The user email address is not set up, however this should not effect his ability to create an issue, rather the user will not be notified by email. Am I right on this? I am assuming so since this particular user had created an issue a few days back with Service Desk and no settings have been changed.

0 votes
Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2016

I assume you've verified that the user's email address still shows up when you look at his profile in JIRA?

You could try sending a test email from JIRA to that user. In Admin->System->Send Email.

Suggest an answer