Not able to create application links between JIRA and Confluence

Ivan Jiang January 18, 2013

I am evaluating JIRA and Confluence and testing the integration between them, a strange thing is I am not able to create application links between JIRA and Confluence.

1) When trying to create application links from Confluence to JIRA, the page just got hanging without any error logs or useful information when typing in the target JIRA URL and click the next (On 'Link to another server' screen).

2) When trying to create application links from JIRA to Confluence, 'outgoing authentacation' is ok using trusted application, but when trying to configure the 'incoming authentacation', get below error:

Unable to retrieve the application's certificate: Invalid response code of 500 returned from: admin/appTrustCertificate

FYI, I am evaluating JIRA 5.2.4.1 and Confluence 4.2.8, backed by Crowd and JIRA/Confluence does not share the same user base.

1 answer

0 votes
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 18, 2013

Ivan, do you have any proxy in front of JIRA and Confluence? If so, try bypassing the proxy while creating the application links. That is, try using <ip-address>:<port> instead of the proxied URL.

Suggest an answer