Not able to create a sub task

Pranitha October 13, 2016

In my Process management project, I am not able to create a sub-task. the Issue types says its available, but I get "No matches" when I try to. 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2016

I suspect you are using "create issue".

You can't create subtasks from there, you need to go to the issue that you want to make them a sub-task of.  Use the tools menu to create one, then the section will appear and offer you the + option to add further ones.

Pranitha October 18, 2016

So I tired to go into the issue, and then create, but I do not get option there too. And, if i click edit it says only option is "Task". 

attaching screenshot for reference...please suggest.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2016

No, not "create", you need to use "create sub task", which is under the tools menu on the issue (far right hand side of the issue view screen)

You can't edit the issue type to convert it to a sub-task either, and there are no other issue types in your project that are compatible, so you can't "edit" the type at all.

Pranitha October 18, 2016

Ohh Yes... I got it Now. Thanks a ton!! smile

Suggest an answer