Not able to change the field 'Contact'

Edoardo Polito February 2, 2021

Hi, 

I have asked my Jira Board Administrator to add the field 'Contact' to Issues so to manage better reviewing process. 

The issue is that no developer can change the 'Contact' field. 

On the permission page of the project there is no 'Modify Contact' permission. 

1 answer

0 votes
Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2021

Hi @Edoardo Polito 

Welcome to community! In a Classic project, editing a field is done in line of the issue view (based on the new issue view). In the event a field cannot be modified then the users do not have Edit issues permission in the Permission scheme. There's no modify contact permission on the permission scheme. So I will suggest you check that permission for edit issues and see if the developers group or project or any other group or role you're using is added there.

Edoardo Polito February 2, 2021

The permissions are checked via (from JIRA board):

Project  Settings > Permissions?

Prince Nyeche
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2021

can you see the "edit issues" permission under Issue permissions from Project settings > permission ? That's where you should be looking at.

Suggest an answer