Not able to change status in an Issue

I have configured a Custom Workflow for one of our projects

The JIRA admin user who created the project is able to view the issue and change status accordingly.

But the JIRA users (who also have developer permissions), are not able to change the status. The status transaction which comes on top of issue details is not enabled for them.

Can you help?

1 answer

I think that I good way to start is checking your permissions with JIRA Admin Helper, like if you're trying to resolve an issue, check if the user has permission to do so, and after that check the validators and conditions of your workflow, you may have some restriction there that is preventing the use from executing the transition.

I hope it helps.

Cheers

Hi Naveen, Atlassian anwsers is open to our community, all questions and comments are visible to everyone, so we recommend to avoid share sensitive information. Also, getting direct access to customer's instance is something against our police. If you need hands on assistance, you may me interested in contacting an Expert.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,110 views 13 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot