Not able to attach SQL and TXT files

abhinavprk May 27, 2015

I am getting the following error message while tring to attach .sql or .txt file. I am able to attach other files. Other users are able to attach the same file to the issue. 

Cannot attach file pUser_Projectstatus_sel.sql: Unable to communicate with JIRA

Please advise 

3 answers

1 vote
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2015

Hi Abhinav,

Are you the only one affected by this problem? If so: clear the cache of your browser or try to do it with another browser altogether;

If everybody is affected: check the JIRA log files for errors and let us know which error is being thrown.

Best Regards,

Peter

0 votes
abhinavprk June 3, 2015

Hello Peter and Luciano ,

Thanks for the reply 

I tried the same with other browsers and after clearing the cache. Somehow Jira checks the body of uploading file and it does not like whait is inside that particular file.

I tried to attach other sql, txt files with table create scripts and etc written in oracle and I succeeded
It is strange that this problem actual only on my laptop,

Regards,

Abhinav

0 votes
Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 27, 2015

Abhinav

What does the atlassian-jira.log file says while you attempt to attach this file?

Suggest an answer