Not able to assignee issue to user

Oliviu Nita June 5, 2015

Hi to all JIRA lovers smile

3 days stuck with this problem (my team mates have called firemans because of burning neurons smell in the office hehehehe):

I try to configure Permissions/Project Roles to be able to give issue to users (kinda hard to explain).

Example:

I use JIRA Service Desk (have JIRA admin rights)

user: jiratest

Member of groups: jira-users; jira-developers

Have Developers and Users access in Project Role 

I have added: the group jira-developers and the user jiratest, in the permission schema (almost all the Authorizations - user can be assigned included) and still i have the error:

Impossible d'attribuer des demandes à l'utilisateur 'jiratest'. 

= not able to assign issues to user jiratest

When i run Test Session (test for Users can be assigned authorization) for jiratest i got this: :

from french with Google translate *

The JIRA assistance crushed authorization.
Looking to perform an action reserved for agents on a help desk project. To do this action , you must be licensed to helpdesk agent and authorizations "Browse requests " and "Change requests" for this project.

The triky part: IF i add jiratest to service-desk-agents Group AND give access to Service Desk Team  in Project Role THAN i'm able to assign issues to jiratest.

This is not ok for my needs, because we have a lot of external collaborators and we don't want to give them the same rights  like our Service Desk Team.

I work alone for this project, i have 20 tabs opened in my browser, i really don't know where to look...

In advance BIG thank's from Belgium smile  

4 answers

0 votes
Oliviu Nita August 6, 2015

Sorry for the late answer & a very big THANK's for your answer. Look what i found after tons of tests: WHEN i give agents rights to the group jira-developers in the Global permissions AND ONLY AFTER i give user can be assignable permission on the Project Permission System THAN the user(group) became assignable. That is awesome for my needs, in this way i can "fine tune" the permissions for users even if in the Global Permissions the user(group) has agents rights. I will play with the User Picker custom filed to see what i can pull out :). I already create a Group Picker custom field in the idea to assign issues through this, but not working (the users are not notified), i can use this only for/as filters. Right now i want to know if it is possible to restrict one user(group) to see/work ONLY on his issues (the issues that has been assigned to him). I like to work with Jira but almost every time when i think that i have unlock one door, another 3 new doors appears :), and it's only the beginning... Thank you again and keep in touch.

0 votes
Oliviu Nita June 7, 2015

Hi, thank you for your answer. I found a way to fix this, see the answer below. Anyway keep in touch :).

0 votes
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2015

Oliviu,

This happens because - in JIRA Service Desk - only Agents are assignable users - Collaborators can only:

• View issues, comments and attachments
  • Add attachments and delete their own attachments
  • Add internal comments to issues and delete their own comments
  • Watch and vote for issues

(JIRA Service Desk permissions)

You may add a User Picker custom field for "Responsible Collaborator" and add it to the issue screen. 

I hope this helps!

0 votes
francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 5, 2015

Hi Oliviu We had the same problem, and I can show you how we solved it. We are also from Belgium, so give me a call whenever convenient (+32.3.808.05.89) and we'll setup a screenshare. Francis

Suggest an answer