Not able to access Sprints, boards or backlog

Pratap Kale March 9, 2021

Hi All,

I have a query related to Jira access. We have couple of projects created in JIRA and we want to give a specific project access to one of the customer. I have created a new group and a role, added that group and role to project permission.  I have assigned the role and group to a user by removing all other roles. User is able to access that specific project now but user is not able to see sprints, backlogs or cannot create a new ticket. When I add user back to "Jira-software-users" group then user can see prints, backlogs or even can create a ticket but user also gets access back to all the project. I have checked project specific accesses, newly created group and role does have browse project, sprint planning access for the project. Anyone here aware of the issue and can help? 

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2021

Hi @Pratap Kale ,

Please, check that this new group has :

• Application Access to JIRA Software (Settings > User management > Application access)
  • Filter associated to you board has been shared with this group (Board > Configure)
  • The role associated to this new group has Create Issue permission in the related Permission Scheme used by your project

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Pratap Kale March 9, 2021

Hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ - Thanks for the response.

•  I am not able to see Application access under User Management. Screenshot attached.
  • We are using default boards like Active sprints and Backlog and I do not see any specific option there for giving access to filters or boards under board setting. 
  • Yes, role associated to this new group has Create Issue permission.

UserOptions.PNG

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2021

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events