Not able to access Slack?

JeremyPeltier April 11, 2019

Hello,

I have updated my JIRA software to 8.1.0 version.

Now, the Slack integration is unable to reach Slack.

slack-jira.png

I have take a look in the console, and I have a 404 error on /rest/slack/latest/connection/can-reach-slack.

Is anyone else had this problem? Is there a solution?

Regards

3 answers

1 vote
Serverbeheer - census May 8, 2019

We had the same problem. When i disabled 'Slack Connector for JIRA' add-on, which we used before, the problem was resolved.

Krystian Szczęsny June 21, 2019

Here's the REAL answer! :)

Had the exact same issue. After removing the old connector I had to disable and re-enable the new one.

Luiz Silva
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 21, 2019

Thanks for the report. We'll investigate if conflicts are occurring while using both plugins.

0 votes
Luiz Silva
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2019

Hi! As Mykhailo suggested, please check Jira logs and also your browser console, if possible.

If you've confirmed this is a bug that happens once Jira is upgraded to 8.1, please file a bug at https://jira.atlassian.com/projects/API/issues and we can follow up with a more accurate investigation.

Artem Fomin April 23, 2019

Hi Luiz,

As I mentioned in my response to Mykhailo, there is nothing in the server log, even with debug enabled for the add-on. There is a 404 error in browser console for 'can-reach-slack'.

I am not sure I understand the requirement to upgrade Jira to 8.1 given that Marketplace listing specifies support for Jira Server 7.4.0 - 8.0.2, and we are on 7.11.2. This requirement pretty much renders the add-on useless for us for the time being.

Artem

Luiz Silva
Atlassian Team
April 23, 2019

Hi Artem,

I was actually replying to the main answer by Jeremy. 

For clarification, I didn't mean you have to upgrade your Jira instance. A 404 response from the endpoint "/can-reach-slack" isn't normal and it means the problem is in between your browser and your Jira instance. 

First, I'd say you should check if all the plugin's modules are actually enabled in Jira. You can do it by navigating to the "Manage add-ons" page and expanding the Slack integration and its modules. I'd also try a different browser just in case. Also, please, check if 

If those attempts didn't work out, I'd also file a bug report so we could start a more detailed investigation about what specific circumstances are causing this issue.

Artem Fomin April 26, 2019

Thank you Luiz! I will submit a bug.

Artem

0 votes
Artem Fomin April 18, 2019

I am having the same issue. I am still on Jira 7.11.2 with add-on version 1.1.10

Mykhailo Vlasov
Atlassian Team
April 22, 2019

Hello @JeremyPeltier  and @Artem Fomin !

I have just checked Slack plugin on Jira Server 8.1.0 and everything seems to work fine. Could you check Jira log for any errors?

Artem Fomin April 22, 2019

Nothing in server logs, even with DEBUG enabled for this add-on. 404 in browser network console for 'can-reach-slack' resource. I also downgraded to an earlier version of add-on - same result. The instance does have internet access; another third-party Slack add-on is functioning fine. I tried to disable it - did not help.

Suggest an answer