Not All Epics are displaying in planning view but are in Sprint

Andrew Charlton April 20, 2017

Hi, I've seen a number of similar questions but nothing that seems to fit the precise issue I am having.

Quick overview

We have 2 scrum teams working from a single shared backlog (all fine), there are 3 'views' of the backlog a Master with everything, and a filtered version depending on which team you are. The JQL I used is fairly simple working on labels and we use Epics to group selected items... this is where it gets a little weird.

See Screen shot - Some of the items have  Epic Label visible in planning view but other Epics do not appear... But they do appear on the Sprint view. I know I haven't got anything explicit in the query for filters so am a bit stumped. Any ideas appreciated.

epicError.jpg

2 answers

0 votes

Figured it... by targetting the Label, only labelled items appeared... The EPIC was not labelled therefore didn't list/appear.. refined it be

project = TAI AND (labels != team8 OR labels is EMPTY) ORDER BY Rank ASC

0 votes
Deleted user April 20, 2017

Hi, can you please check that all Epics that should be shown are also fetched by the board's Filter Query (Board-> Configure -> General -> Filter Query)?

Thanks @michael. The Epic is not appearing in the left hand Epic list for this board. If I explore the Epic I can see it is available on 3 boards, 1 is a massive holistic all project view

2. Is our master of all work

3. the other teams 

Its almost like it isn't 'shared' with our Board but that doesn' make sense

Query is "project = TAI AND labels = Team14 ORDER BY Rank ASC"

Suggest an answer