Not Able To See Workflow Buttons On View Issue Page in Jira

Sindhu March 17, 2016

I have applied new workflow scheme to my project.
I am unable to see Workflow transition buttons from the issue view page

6 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sindhu March 17, 2016

Thanks every one.....

The Issue is with Automation Transition Rules, Once we set up the automation rules the Issue got Resolved.

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 17, 2016

Check the conditions on the transitions in the new workflow.  I suspect you will find you do not match the conditions, so JIRA hides the transitions from you.

Joe Kyle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2018

Nic,

I just found this today because I was struggling with a similar issue. I looked at your note and checked the initial transition on my workflow. Sure enough there was a condition set there stating that only certain group members could transition this workflow. The user I'm working with was not in that group, thus could not see the buttons. I removed the condition and all is well now. 

Here's where I went wrong: I copied an existing workflow, created by someone else, and did not know that condition was in place. I used this workflow to set up an issue type, request type, form etc but this one user could not see the buttons. 

Lesson learned. Nic thank you so much!!!!

Joe Kyle

0 votes
Aditi Jain May 23, 2019

Dear Nic,

I understand that this post is old, but I'm getting the similar issue here.

All the permissions are perfectly in place for the users. I've even checked using Permission Helper.

User has all 'Issue Permissions': Create, edit, Transition, Move, Assign and even the Permissions related to 'Administer Project', 'Browse', 'Vew Development Tools', 'View Read-only workflow'.  Means in all, he's having allt he necessary permissions from the project perspective. But still they are unable to see this 'Workflow' button on 'View screen for status changes.

I've also checked the Integrity checker, but nothing is helping.

we are using 6.3.15 version, is it something related tot he version??

Thanks,

Aditi

0 votes
Natalie Maharaban October 4, 2018

i have the same issue now but i dont have condition on transition . any suggestion ? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2018

Have you checked the permission checker?

0 votes
Sindhu March 17, 2016

Thanks for your suggestion

0 votes
Robert Barrow
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2016

Do you have the Transition Issues permission for your project?  

Does the workflow have any conditions against the transitions that might be preventing you from seeing them?

Sindhu March 17, 2016

Thanks Robert,

I have checked  it(My project has Transition Issues permission),

The same workflow scheme is sharing with 2 projects and today we applied it to other project.

It is working fine for old project but new project(the one we applied today) unable to see transitions.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 17, 2016

What do the conditions say?

Sindhu March 17, 2016

We are using default permission scheme to both the projects.

we are using JSD_v2.5.9

Robert Barrow
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 17, 2016

Sindhu,

Just to clarify - are you saying that you have the Transition Issues permission for your new project? e.g. you are in a group/role that has been granted this permission.

Rob

Sindhu March 17, 2016

Thanks you 

I have same Group and Roles for both projects ,I am admin for both projects.

i don't know why i am getting this issue

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 17, 2016

You might be in the same groups and roles, but the conditions on the workflow may not be based on those.  You really do need to go to the workflow and look at the conditions.  (Admin is usually irrelevant too, it means "admin", not "can do anything")

Robert Barrow
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 17, 2016

OK.  It does sound like the issue is with the new workflow scheme rather than the permissions/roles.   As Nic suggests, could you provide further info i.e. any conditions defined on your workflow transitions?

John Pfotzer March 17, 2016

If you are using Service Desk, you may have used  all your licenses or you are not in the agent role.

Suggest an answer