Not Able To See Workflow Buttons On View Issue Page in Jira

I have applied new workflow scheme to my project.
I am unable to see Workflow transition buttons from the issue view page

4 answers

1 accepted

Thanks every one.....

The Issue is with Automation Transition Rules, Once we set up the automation rules the Issue got Resolved.

1 vote

Check the conditions on the transitions in the new workflow.  I suspect you will find you do not match the conditions, so JIRA hides the transitions from you.

Do you have the Transition Issues permission for your project?  

Does the workflow have any conditions against the transitions that might be preventing you from seeing them?

Thanks Robert,

I have checked  it(My project has Transition Issues permission),

The same workflow scheme is sharing with 2 projects and today we applied it to other project.

It is working fine for old project but new project(the one we applied today) unable to see transitions.

What do the conditions say?

We are using default permission scheme to both the projects.

we are using JSD_v2.5.9

Sindhu,

Just to clarify - are you saying that you have the Transition Issues permission for your new project? e.g. you are in a group/role that has been granted this permission.

Rob

Thanks you 

I have same Group and Roles for both projects ,I am admin for both projects.

i don't know why i am getting this issue

You might be in the same groups and roles, but the conditions on the workflow may not be based on those.  You really do need to go to the workflow and look at the conditions.  (Admin is usually irrelevant too, it means "admin", not "can do anything")

OK.  It does sound like the issue is with the new workflow scheme rather than the permissions/roles.   As Nic suggests, could you provide further info i.e. any conditions defined on your workflow transitions?

If you are using Service Desk, you may have used  all your licenses or you are not in the agent role.

Thanks for your suggestion

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Jira

Join our webinar: How 1B+ feature flag events helped us build the new Jira

Every time you release software, there's a bit of risk – that there's a bug, that something breaks, or that the feature doesn't resonate with customers. Feature flagging helps make high stakes s...

136 views 0 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you