No way to automatically update remaining time to zero when dragging to done

I have a Greenhopper rapid board for my project and am using the GreenHopper simplified workflow.

When I drag a Techical Task (with a few hours estimated work remaining) to the Done column, the remaining time is not set to 0h.

Naturally, I understand with the JIRA default workflow, one can add a post-function to the Closed status to automatically set this value to 0h, but in my case the workflow is not manually editable AFAICT.

Can someone help or advise on a work-around for this?

Many thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

I had to do the following to get to where I wanted to be:

1. Create a copy of the default workflow for my organisation

2. Add a post-function to the resolve transition which clears the "Remaining estimate" field -- don't forget to publish it! ;-)

3. Create a new workflow scheme and apply it to my project

Happy now.

Log Work Utilities add-on allows to clear remaining estimate on issue close/resolve without a need to modify workflow: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.gebsun.plugins.jira.log-work-utilities/server/overview

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,980 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot