No ticket created through email channel

Melle van Keulen September 2, 2022

Certain incoming mail are rejected and no ticket will be created. I can't tell anything from the emaillog files, only that it was rejected. See screenshot below.

chrome_VcP0PhiTiL.png

I want to know why this is happening, because we need to create tickets from email.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2022

Hi @Melle van Keulen 

JSD has an auto-reply email filter. This is to avoid emails bounce between 2 servers.

It checks certain items in the email content to determine what type of email it is and then flags and rejects them if it feels they are caused by an auto-reply (for example if an auto-reply due to vacation is set by a user. Once this comes in, it will be flagged and ignored).

I hope this helps answer your question.

Unfortunately, only checking the actual mail in your mailbox would tell you the type of email it was.

Regards.

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2022
Like Melle van Keulen likes this
Melle van Keulen September 2, 2022

Thanks @Ismael Jimoh , any idea for alternatives on how to create Jira tickets from Zendesk (mails)? 

Initial idea was to add our Jira channel mail to the Zendesk ticket, so at our Jira instance we would get a mail and create a ticket. But because this will cause a loop, it looks like it isn't possible.

Ismael Jimoh
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 2, 2022

Try out the allowlist first and if this doesn't work.

I am not sure this will work without an add-on that bypasses the default JSM mail handler and even then, I would normally suggest testing Jira Email this Issue butI am not sure how it would work really for Cloud as I haven't tested it out.

Another option is to look for a solution that connects both application such as Exalate or Backbone (or even other third party solutions that can at least parse a formatted JSON via Rest API) to your JIRA parsiing all necessary information needed for creating a ticket.

Regards.

0 votes
Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 2, 2022

@Melle van Keulen i think Ismael gave you some pretty good advice on how to resolve your issue. On the 3rd party option, I'd like to propose taking a look at ZigiOps, too. It's a no-code tool, that can be customized to fit various use cases - Jira tickets from Zendesk mail (like your use case). Feel free to check out ZigiOps platform and if you think it might be a useful tool for any of your projects (not just the current one), book a demo to see how it resolves your cases.

Regards, Diana (ZigiWave team)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events