No scroll bar on the Jira page, etc.

Rie Tsukahara December 6, 2018

Upgrading Firefox, things stated below disappears, so some function of the Jira becomes uncontrolled.

Could you give me any solution as soon as possible?

1. No vertical scroll bar on the page.

2. Menu on the left pane such like Reports, Issues and etc. are greyout(Only grey rectangles like  shadow are shown on the left pane).

3. DropDown menus on the upper pane like Dashboard, Projects are not opend and selected.

This must be a similar issue as "EI 11 - No Vertical Scroll Function on View Issue Screen". Let me know how I should do. Workaround provided  in "EI 11 - No Vertical Scroll Function on View Issue Screen" does not work under my environment. I am in trouble with this. Please give me any solution.

6 answers

0 votes
Andrew Godwin January 23, 2023

The issue is too big or very large browser cache and the solution is simply to remove the browser cache like so:
1. Open browser preferences from Firefox menu
2. Click Privacy & Security
3. Scroll to Cookies and Site Data, then click 'Clear Data...'
4. Uncheck 'Cookies and Site Data' so you don't lose your saved logins
5. Keep 'Cached Web Content' checked, then finally click 'Clear' button.

That's it. Restart your browser and enjoy your life.

Screenshot 2023-01-23 at 09.34.15.png

0 votes
Tenzin Ngawang July 13, 2022

4 years later this helped me fix the issue 

"I would recommend doing a "hard" refresh (clear your cache before reloading the page)" CTRL+R yep. Thank you from the future. 

0 votes
Rainer Trunk November 11, 2020

Hello !

We exactly have the above described issue today. As far as we were able to identify there is a correlation with the OKR Board plugin from OBoard. When I deactivate the plugin the issue occures in different browsers and on different PCs. After reactivation of the OKR Board plugin everything is fine again. The behaviour is reproducable on our JIRA server installation.

Are there any tips to solve this issue?

Best regards

Rainer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 2, 2019

@Rie Tsukahara In order for us to better help troubleshoot this issue, I have created a support request on your behalf.  Please see the link at https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/3/SDS-38225

We will request some additional information about your Jira site so that we can better help here.

Thanks

Andy

0 votes
Rie Tsukahara December 6, 2018

Hi, Daniel,

This phenomenon also occurs on Chrome Version 71.0.3578.80 (Official Build) (32-bit).
Attached files are the screenshots of Firefox 63.0.3.

WS000001.JPG shows phenomenon of 1 and 3.
WS000000.JPG shows phenomenon of 2.

Only "Create" works in the menu bar.

Others does not show the cascading menu.

Thank you for your reply and have a lovely week-end.

Thanks,

Rie

WS000001.JPG

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2018

Thanks for this extra in fo Rie!

Based on the screenshot, I have a suspicion that this is the result of an upgrade that didn't finish successfully. Do you know if this is the case? I see the user in the screenshot doesn't have administrator access to Jira. Are you a Jira administrator?

We may need to collect some logs to diagnose the exact issue here. If it is someone else who has Jira System Administrator access, a quick way forward for them would be to open an issue from the Support Tools inside Jira. This method will send along the application logs we'll need to look at to diagnose the problem.

If you have administrator access, I'm interested in seeing if you see any of the following in the application logs:

Error generating bigpipe content
sd.upgrade.task.error.failure.message.with.exception.message

If either of these strings show up in the logs, I'm interested in seeing the lines directly around these errors.

Thanks,
Daniel | Atlassian Support 

Rie Tsukahara December 9, 2018

Hi, Daniel,

I would like to ask you the following questions before I ask our Jira administrator. I am not Jira administrator.

>I have a suspicion that this is the result of an upgrade that didn't finish successfully

Does this means that upgrade of Jira was not completed successfully?
Or does this happen during the upgrade process of FireFox?

Which of the above is correct?

>We may need to collect some logs to diagnose the exact issue here. If it is someone else who has Jira System Administrator access, a quick way forward for them would be to open an issue from the Support Tools inside Jira.

Do you think that it is the problem on Jira sever?
Do you need to access Jira server to fix this issue?
I heard that noone using the same Jira encounters the phenomenon like this.

Thanks,

Rie

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
December 10, 2018

Does this means that upgrade of Jira was not completed successfully?

Yes, this would be the result of an upgrade of Jira. You also mentioned this happens to you on Chrome, so it would not be related to you upgrading Firefox if you can reproduce the problem in two different browsers.

I would recommend doing a "hard" refresh (clear your cache before reloading the page) to see if that has any effect before reaching out to your Jira administrator. But if that doesn't clear things up, you will need to reach out to them. They should have a look through the application logs to see if they find any errors from the previous answer.

Cheers,
Daniel

Like Tenzin Ngawang likes this
Rie Tsukahara December 10, 2018

Hi, Daniel,

Thank you so much for your advice.

Troubles on my Jira does not happen any more. Runs "hard refresh" before reloading the page was effective and resolved the problems.

Cheers and have a lovely day,

Rie

Rie Tsukahara December 18, 2018

Hi, Daniel

Once the problem on my Jira had converged but it come to occur again.
While this trouble is happening, the performance of the browser becomes extremely slow.
To redraw the browser, it takes much time to complete.
Attached image is the intermidiate phenomenon. This screen was shown once after login to Jira.
To redraw the browser, the screen in the image that I provided previously was shown.

Thanks,

Tsukahara181218.JPG

0 votes
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
December 6, 2018

Hey Rie,

Would you be willing to attach a screenshot of the problems you see and let us know what specific version number of Firefox you're using?

Thanks,
Daniel

Suggest an answer