No 'projectroleid' field for ProjectRoleActor 26788.

prasanthi padmasale November 9, 2017

Getting the  No 'projectroleid' field for ProjectRoleActor 26788 error when migrating  a project from one jira instance to other using project configurator.

I referred to the link https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/project-import-fails-due-to-missing-projectroleid-386793554.html  and followed the resolution 2(deleting the entries from extities.xml). But when importing the .zip file after modifying I am seeing the error the file has been altered since it has been exported from the source system.

Can somone suggest any alternate solutions on this for me.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 10, 2017

I am afraid I have never seen the second error in which you posted.  I do not know how or why Jira would be concerned about this kind of change to this backup file provided you followed those steps as indicated.

I would recommend following resolution #1 of the KB you cited:  Project Import fails due to missing projectroleid

If you don't have access to the original database this backup was created from in order to do that OR you simply do not want to make changes directly to that specific database instance, then I would recommend that you spin up a new test instance of Jira with an empty database, and then perform a full system restore (not a project import).  By doing this, you can then use this new test system to follow resolution #1 and make these changes to that database directly.  You can easily generate an evaluation license for Jira by going to https://my.atlassian.com and I would recommend installing the same version of Jira as this XML backup was created from just to avoid any other complications.

Once you can do this, you can then generate a new backup XML from this test instance of Jira and use that backup to do this project import on your other system.

Please let me know if you have any questions or problems with following these alternative steps.

Regards,
Andy

Suggest an answer