No notification for single user on issue create event

Deleted user January 16, 2018

Hi, I have the problem, that if I add a single user to the issue created event, no notification is send. 

a.png

If I look into the notification helper, it says that everything is allright:

b.pngHow to find the issue?

1 answer

0 votes
Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2018

BM, check the outgoing mail log or try to send an email to this users account from the smtp config to check the trace.

maybe it's a problem with the server or the email has a typo.

Where do I find this Mail log? (I think I should be able to see it since I'm a Admin)

Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2018

It's inside the log folder of Jira's home folder, and it's called atlassian-jira-outgoing-mail.log

You need to turn on outgoing mail logging

Can't access and folder since we use a Cloud version of Jira and not self hosted.

Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2018

Ok, in Cloud you can try by sending a test email from the url relative to your instance

/secure/admin/SendBulkMail!default.jspa

You can also submit a support request to atlassian, maybe they are having issues with the outgoing email

The user is getting regular updates like when he is assigned to a ticket. But not this event. 

In this test mail its not possible to send a mail just to one user. Just groupe or project role.

I raised a ticket. Thank you for your support.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events