No (more) UserEvent upon creation fired?

HermannS June 12, 2012

Hello!

I am trying to implement a listener that listens to user events and changes group membership of any user that get automatically created by our mail-handler.

I use https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Plugin+Tutorial+-+Writing+JIRA+event+listeners+with+the+atlassian-event+library as the base of my work.

From reading the source of com.atlassian.jira.event.listeners.DebugListener I got the impression that there is an event fired when user is created. Problem is that I am unable to see such an event. For testing purposes I wrote an generic function like this

@EventListener

public void onEvent(AbstractEvent event) {

System.out.println(Handled an event: + event + at: + event.getTime());

}

Doing so the only user events I see are user.LoginEvent and user.LogoutEvent.

Am I missing something?

Can you help me?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
HermannS June 13, 2012

Hello everyone!

I managed to resolve this issue myself: I waded through the source code and found the "problem". To make the MailHandler dispatch UserCreated events when it creates a user the option "Notify Users" has to be enabled! If this option is disabled users are created without dispatching an UserCreated event.

For me this is somewhat surprising but that's the way it is...

Nir Zolotorevsky
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2012

Hi Hermann,

I have not related to this post question,

I saw you have asked in other post how to MoveIssue programmatically.

Did you find a solution to "Move Issue" problem?

I will appreciate if you could share it

thanks a lot

Suggest an answer