No match service desk request type after renewing Jira service desk

After renewing Jira service desk, adding the users as agents and solving the permission problems, we have problems with the service desk request type. It says 'no match' instead of the default request type. Even when we try to change it manually, he won't accept that change. We tried changing the permissions, but can't solve the problem. If we try to do this with an automation rule, we get the error 'java.lang.NullPointerException'.
Anyone who can help us out?


2 answers

1 accepted

Did you setup the request type? You need associate one request type with an issue type.

image2016-6-19 12:46:5.png


Yes, we did. Everything worked fine for 1 year. The problem just started after renewing Service Desk, adding the agents and solving the permission scheme problems. So, I guess it has someting to do with the permissions.

Winke Wieers

Try open a request on this way:

  1. Access your Service Desk Project
  2. Click on Raise a Request

  3. Choose the request type
  4. Choose the customer

So you don't need make the match. You should test this as a workaround. And lemme know if it works.


Suggest an answer

Log in or Join to answer
Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,981 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot