No longer receiving Jira/Confluence e-mails

Vruti Thakkar April 21, 2022

Hi,

Recently this has been noticed in our Jira cloud that a particular user is not getting emails from Jira and Confluence. I've checked his mail address, checked the notification scheme, and even checked in Notification Helper. Also checked if he's receiving emails on spam, but no sign of a positive result. 

Is it something I'm doing wrong? 

Can anyone help me with the same?

Thanks
Vruti

2 answers

1 vote
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 21, 2022

Hi @Vruti Thakkar 

I found there were three accounts using the same domain as your account, that were in our suppression list.  I have removed these entries just now.  Try sending this account a new notification from either Jira or Confluence.

For future reference, you can create a support case with our Cloud support team for assistance by going to https://support.atlassian.com/contact/

Vruti Thakkar April 27, 2022

@Andy Heinzer Thanks!

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2022

Hi @Vruti Thakkar ,

If a particular user no longer receives notifications, he might have changed his personal settings in his profile.

Please check with the user directly and let him show you his profile settings.

Have a look at this article for more info: Manage your Jira personal settings

Vruti Thakkar April 21, 2022

@Dave Mathijs I've checked and it is enabled.PS_Email.PNG

Vruti Thakkar August 18, 2022

Hi Team,

I'm still waiting for the response. Kindly help with the same.

Thanks

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 18, 2022

@Vruti Thakkar I found there were again several addresses on the suppression list.  I have removed these once more.

Each of these had an SMTP error of 550: 550 5.1.1 before the rest of the message appeared to be truncated.

I would recommend that you reach out to our support team in https://support.atlassian.com/contact/ should this happen again. 

Suggest an answer