aas April 5, 2021

I have no logs of my mail handler in atlassian-jira-incoming-mail.log file but 

Безымянный.jpg

And in log4j.properties I have

log4j.appender.incomingmaillog=com.atlassian.jira.logging.JiraHomeAppender
log4j.appender.incomingmaillog.File=atlassian-jira-incoming-mail.log
log4j.appender.incomingmaillog.MaxFileSize=20480KB
log4j.appender.incomingmaillog.MaxBackupIndex=5
log4j.appender.incomingmaillog.layout=com.atlassian.logging.log4j.NewLineIndentingFilteringPatternLayout
log4j.appender.incomingmaillog.layout.ConversionPattern=%d %p [%X{jira.mailserver}] %t %X{jira.username} %X{jira.request.id} %X{jira.request.assession.id} %X{jira.request.ipaddr} %X{jira.request.url} %m%n

log4j.logger.com.atlassian.mail.incoming = INFO, console, incomingmaillog
log4j.additivity.com.atlassian.mail.incoming = false

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2021

@aas 

In the screenshot you shared the log will only be logging warnings and above.  Are you having issues that you are hoping to capture?  You can change it to info or debug to capture more information.

aas April 7, 2021

@Brant Schroeder you mean that if I change logging level for Default package to e.g. INFO, I'll have INFO logs of my mail handler? I suppose that I'll have all logs with INFO level, but I need only incoming mail logs 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2021

@aas Yes you could change the logging level to capture more information.  

Suggest an answer