No import tool for bugzilla

John Wilkinson October 13, 2016

I want to import a Bugzilla database. The documentation says to select the Bugzilla import tool from System/External System Import. However the bugzilla import tool is missing. My question is how do I access the bugzilla import tool or is there another way to import from bugzilla?

This is what the documentation says I should see:

documented.JPG

This is what I actually see:

actual.JPG

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2016

I simply installed JIRA Importers Plugin (JIM)

and i see the Bugzilla importer:

Screenshot-External Import - JIRA - Iceweasel.png

I have it on JIRA 6.2.1 and on JIRA 7.1.9, might be excluded on other version..

On JIRA 7.1.9 (500 user server) i have JIM 7.1.18.

Are you on JIRA Server, if so what version are we talking?

The Trello version is just for importing Trello data. I saw a handful of JIM importers, but atm i only have this JIM 7.1.18 installed, no extras.

0 votes
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2016

Might just be something that only works on JIRA server then. You might get away with installing a trial version of JIRA 7.2.2 server with an evaluation license, import the bugzilla, export it as Atlassian XML and import that in the cloud? As a workaround.

0 votes
Nermin Alkanli-Nqiri October 14, 2016

Hi, I encountered same problem as described by John. So which one to download from the given marketplace url (see Jonas' answer)?

0 votes
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 14, 2016

Are you using the native importer or the JIM (JIRA Importer) addon? We have imported a bugzilla setup, using the JIM and this worked well. Plugin is available here:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-importers-plugin/versions

John Wilkinson October 14, 2016

I am not sure, I think the JIM, ViewSystemInfo says "jira-importers-trello-plugin - 1000.0.5".

Sorry, I meant "jira-importers-plugin - 1000.0.5"

Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 14, 2016

The version sounds very weird/cloud.. If you are running JIRA in the cloud, it might be functionality not ported to that product..

Yes it is running in the cloud. This is the option given for evaluation.

Suggest an answer