No import tool for bugzilla

I want to import a Bugzilla database. The documentation says to select the Bugzilla import tool from System/External System Import. However the bugzilla import tool is missing. My question is how do I access the bugzilla import tool or is there another way to import from bugzilla?

This is what the documentation says I should see:

documented.JPG

This is what I actually see:

actual.JPG

4 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

I simply installed JIRA Importers Plugin (JIM)

and i see the Bugzilla importer:

Screenshot-External Import - JIRA - Iceweasel.png

I have it on JIRA 6.2.1 and on JIRA 7.1.9, might be excluded on other version..

On JIRA 7.1.9 (500 user server) i have JIM 7.1.18.

Are you on JIRA Server, if so what version are we talking?

The Trello version is just for importing Trello data. I saw a handful of JIM importers, but atm i only have this JIM 7.1.18 installed, no extras.

Are you using the native importer or the JIM (JIRA Importer) addon? We have imported a bugzilla setup, using the JIM and this worked well. Plugin is available here:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-importers-plugin/versions

I am not sure, I think the JIM, ViewSystemInfo says "jira-importers-trello-plugin - 1000.0.5".

Sorry, I meant "jira-importers-plugin - 1000.0.5"

The version sounds very weird/cloud.. If you are running JIRA in the cloud, it might be functionality not ported to that product..

Yes it is running in the cloud. This is the option given for evaluation.

Hi, I encountered same problem as described by John. So which one to download from the given marketplace url (see Jonas' answer)?

Might just be something that only works on JIRA server then. You might get away with installing a trial version of JIRA 7.2.2 server with an evaluation license, import the bugzilla, export it as Atlassian XML and import that in the cloud? As a workaround.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

46 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you