• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

No data shown in Power Bi Web from Jira Cloud

Hi, tried connecting Jira Cloud in Power BI Web with the standard included app/connector, but no data is shown.  All labels loaded but no data.

Using this URL

https://xxxxxx.atlassian.net where xxxx is my domain

also tried adding the URL with the project name, like:

https://xxxxxx.atlassian.net/projects/AAA

but it never loads data to PBI.

Basic authentication works OK with a Token created in Jira and authentication works OK, actually in Jira it shows token was "used seconds ago".. and refresh in PowerBI shows OK, but all dashboard is empty, only column names are shown.

In Jira I have a lot of issues, and even a few assigned to myself, and I have several projects.

What should I check?

thanks!

JP

1 answer

Fixed the issue, I was using the token name + key to authenticate w/basic auth, which authenticated OK but with no authorization to pull data.  Fixed that and now PBI gets the data.

Now that it syncs data ok, I don´t know how to filter by project (we have many projects in Jira and want to get bugs for a particular one), and it only return a set of xxx records, so I´m not getting the bugs for the project I need.  Is there a way to set those parameters?  (either using the standard PBI app or the pbit)

thanks.

JP

Hello,

I am new to Power BI, can someone tell me how or where do I input the token I created in Jira ? My dashboard in power BI is blank as well. All data "labels" loaded but it is all blank.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you