No cloned link on subtasks when cloning a parent ticket?

H March 23, 2015

When cloning issues with subtasks, the "is cloned from" link correctly shows up on the parent ticket, but the cloned link does not show up on the subtasks.  Is that something that can be fixed?  I have tried using the Bulk Clone plugin, but the same behavior happens there. 

I should note that if you clone a subtask from the subtask itself, the clone link is appropriate. 

5 answers

0 votes
Ayelet (888) April 22, 2020

I'm seeing the same behaviour on Jira 7.7.1. Why isn't there any issue link between the sub tasks?

0 votes
Lauren Shanta November 11, 2015

I'm seeing the same issue in Cloud - the title includes 'CLONE' but there is no issue link created

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2015
0 votes
H March 24, 2015

Strange - it was tested on v6.3.15. And the sub-task had the "is a clone of" link on yours? I just tried again and only the parent ticket has that link. I am selecting to clone the parent ticket, then checking the checkbox for asked to clone the subtasks.

0 votes
Shanye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 24, 2015

Can you let us know what version of JIRA you're using? I just tried cloning an issue with sub-tasks in JIRA v6.3.15 and it looks like the sub-tasks are cloned and linked as expected.

Suggest an answer