No Summary input field when cloning an issue. Clone operation fails.

Adam Chappell January 6, 2013

When I try to clone an issue, the usual clone issue dialogue box appears but the Summary input field is not present. If I click the create button anyway nothing happens.

No error is produced in the logs.

This is only happening on certain issues but it doesn't seem to matter what status they are in.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Adam Chappell January 9, 2013

Hi,

This one got answered by Daniel Leng at Atlassian support. The problem was that I had configured the create screen for this issue type to display a HTML message instructing the user to create their issue from another issue. So, because there was no summary field on the create issue screen, there was also no summary on the clone dialogue box. This caused the clone operation to fail.

Thank you to Daniel, and all others for their help.

0 votes
Adam Chappell January 8, 2013

No the problem is still present if I open it in a new tab.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2013

If you right click the Clone link and open in a new tab, does it work?

0 votes
Yilin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 6, 2013

Do you have any javascript error when doing the operation?

Also, it could be that the template is corrupte, did you try to remove the work folder then restart JIRA?

Adam Chappell January 6, 2013

Hi, no I am not getting any error at all. I tried clearing the work folder and restarting but no luck there either.

Suggest an answer