No Summary input field when cloning an issue. Clone operation fails.

When I try to clone an issue, the usual clone issue dialogue box appears but the Summary input field is not present. If I click the create button anyway nothing happens.

No error is produced in the logs.

This is only happening on certain issues but it doesn't seem to matter what status they are in.

4 answers

1 accepted

Hi,

This one got answered by Daniel Leng at Atlassian support. The problem was that I had configured the create screen for this issue type to display a HTML message instructing the user to create their issue from another issue. So, because there was no summary field on the create issue screen, there was also no summary on the clone dialogue box. This caused the clone operation to fail.

Thank you to Daniel, and all others for their help.

0 vote
Yilin Mo Atlassian Team Jan 06, 2013

Do you have any javascript error when doing the operation?

Also, it could be that the template is corrupte, did you try to remove the work folder then restart JIRA?

Hi, no I am not getting any error at all. I tried clearing the work folder and restarting but no luck there either.

If you right click the Clone link and open in a new tab, does it work?

No the problem is still present if I open it in a new tab.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Jira

Join our webinar: How 1B+ feature flag events helped us build the new Jira

Every time you release software, there's a bit of risk – that there's a bug, that something breaks, or that the feature doesn't resonate with customers. Feature flagging helps make high stakes s...

117 views 0 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you