No Response to JIRA bug

Dave Pitts March 24, 2015

I have raised the following bug - https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-42464 - however after one week I have had no response. Have I raised this in the correct place? 

What do I need to do to get this looked into?

1 answer

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2015

You've raised the issue in the public issue tracker - Atlassian do look at that, and they will get on to it, but it's not the right place for support.  It's more about raising feature requests, improvements, and yes, bugs, but generalised bugs that may affect everyone.

For formal support, you need to go to https://support.atlassian.com - your issues there will be private, but you'll get Atlassians looking at it immediately.

However, I've read the issue you have raised, and I'd suggest adding more information.  You should specify the exact route you have taken for upgrade - there's no intermediate versions mentioned between 3.1 and 4.1 and that's far too large a jump to do in one go.  It's a long time since I upgraded a 3.low JIRA to a higher version, but I do remember that the changes in 3.7 make it a nightmare to go from anything lower to anything higher - from memory, it's 3.low to 3.6 then 3.13 (possibly via 3.10 if you have issues with a direct jump), then 3.13 to 4.something.

Dave Pitts March 24, 2015

Thanks Nic. Apologies but the information in the original bug is incorrect. We are actually running 3.13.1 not 3.1 as I originally thought. I've built a new server for this migration and used the XML import technique to successfully upgrade to V4.1 and V4.3. The XML import hangs when attempting to migrate the data into a V4.4.5 JIRA instance. From V4.1 or V4.3 when I attempt to upgrade to V6.3 then I get the same issue where the migration just seems to stop. For V4.1 is used the XML import for V4.3 I upgraded using the rapid upgrade method. Any pointers would be most appreciated

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2015

Ah, good, then ignore my last paragraph. 3.13 -> 4.1/2/3 is fine. It should also work for 3.13 -> 4.4, so that's definitely where we need to concentrate (A little background - when you jump versions, most of the time Jira doesn't do "upgrade from x to y in one go", it runs the upgrade code for each version it needs to jump. So when you are trying 4.3 -> 6.3, it's doing 4.3 -> 4.4 as the first step. It's automated, bundled together and it only affects the data, but it's essentially the same code) So, is it just jammed at 92% here? Or does it get to 100% and never do anything else? What does the tail end of the log say (after the point at which the database access goes down to nearly nothing)? After leaving it for a while, what happens if you stop Jira and then just restart it?

Suggest an answer