No Notification emails. Send Email not working either

Subash Kalbarga May 8, 2012

I have Atlassian ondemand.

1) I have configued issues notifications to default scheme . This includes notifications on new issues etc.

2) I have checked that the from mail address is jira@apparity.atlassian.net in the project configuration

3) I have gone to the send email page under amdinistration and tried to send an email.

However I do nto get any emails at all bith in (3) above and then doign actions with issues

Please help

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
TimT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2012

Have you still not received the emails? We were having a bit of trouble with the performance of our mail servers yesterday, which caused a delay sending mail. This has been resolved now, and all of the queued email should have been delivered.

If you still haven't recieved it, there are a couple of things to check:

• On your Profile page, which you can reach by clicking your name in the upper-right, there is a preference for being notified on your own changes. As of a recent update to JIRA, this is set to "Do not notify me" by default. This means that you won't get any email notifications for actions you perform yourself, only when somebody else does something. You can change the setting if you do want the emails, and the test emails should work regardless of the setting.
  • If you haven't gotten the test emails, there may be a problem specific to your instance. If that's the case, please open a support issue at support.atlassian.com so that one of our engineers can investigate the cause.

Thanks!

Subash Kalbarga May 8, 2012

Thanks. Looks like the delay still exists. I got delayed email notifications. About 1.5 hours after the action. Hopefully this will get alright soon.

TimT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2012

Thanks, you are correct, my mistake. The mail servers had caught up, but the original problem that is causing the queue to fill up is still not yet resolved. We have a team working on a solution to this; it was a misstatement on my part to say that it had been resolved... my apologies!

In the meantime, there is still a delay, but we expect to have this fully resolved today. About two hours ago, we put in a workaround to reduce the flooding of the mail queues, so it should start to catch up again.

TimT
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 8, 2012

The mail queues appear to be back to normal now. If you're still missing emails, please contact our support team at support.atlassian.com. Thanks!

Suggest an answer