No Issue Created Event fired when Creating Tickets from Email Inbox

James Sorby October 4, 2012

When creating a ticket automatically from a POP mail server inbox, Jira will not send an Issue Created email. When creating a ticket manually from within Jira then it does - so the workflow and notification scheme are correctly configured.

I have a specific custom email and have set the workflow on the Create transition to use this and also tested using the default Issue Creation event listener, but neither work.

Is this supposed to be like this? That autocreated tickets don't send an Issue Created event email? I am hoping not. If it isn't, is there anything I might be doing wrong / not set up correctly which would make the system behave this way.

Many thanks

James.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Chin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 4, 2012

Hi James, could you confirm the following information have done in your end?

• Ensure your incoming mail server and mail handler is proper configure.
  • Did you manage to see any error appear on your atlassian-incoming-mail.log
  • Inspect your Mail Queue under Administration > Mail Queue.

You refer to this following pages to get more details on trouble shooting:

1. https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Notifications+Troubleshooting#NotificationsTroubleshooting-Noemailnotificationsarebeingreceivedbyanyone
  2. https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email

I hope it helps. Good Luck, Regard John.

James Sorby October 4, 2012

Hi John,

Genius, thanks. The answer was in the Notifications Trouble Shooting page - specifically:

"Ensure that the User Preference for "Notify users of their own changes?" is set to YES in Administration > Users > User Preferences."

Mine was set to N, so the user created their own ticket, so it did not send the notification email to them. I would NEVER have found that!

Take care

James.

Suggest an answer