No Bulk operation available in JIRA 6.4-OD-04-006 on demand

George Lewe (LSY)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2014

Hi There

I am a JIRA On Demand user. Current version is 6.4-OD-04-006.

When listing a filter I do not have any operation in the Tools menu anymore, e.g. Bulk Edit. When I open the Tools menu it shows "No Available Option(s)".

Is that a bug or does it work differently in the new release?

Best regards,
George

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 3, 2014

Hi George,

Did you look if you have the 'Bulk Change' global permission?

Cheers!

George Lewe (LSY)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2014

Yes, indeed that was it. I always had this permission before so it must have been changed with one of the latest JIRA upgrades where I noticed that group names have changed. Maybe something that Atlassian should look into or at least notify about this. Thanks, George

Oskar Kamiński April 10, 2019

Where can this permission be set?

I hate jira for its unintuitiveness.
Jira help mostly states that something is possible but does say where to go in the mass of options to actually do it.

Chris Einkauf June 29, 2021

I know this is more than 2 years after you left that comment, but for the sake of anyone who comes to this thread in the future, here are the steps that I just went through to enable this permission:

1. Click the gear icon in top-right corner.
  2. Click "System" under "Jira Settings".
  3. Click "Global Permissions".
  4. At the bottom of that page (under the "Grant Permission" header):
    1. In the 1st drop-down list, select "Make bulk changes".
    2. In the 2nd drop-down list, type out the name of the user or group you want to give access to, and click on it when you see it in the drop-down list. (Note: For me, I had to actually type out the entire name of each group, i.e., "site-admins" without the quotes, before it appeared in the drop-down list.)
    3. Then click the "Add" button.

Suggest an answer