It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Next-gen resolution of DONE tasks set to unresolved

We are using a next-gen board to manage our project tasks. We have changed the status to NONE but the resolution has remained as UNRESOLVED. We have not found the setting to change the resolution to RESOLVED when a status is DONE.

I created a test board using the kanban template and the test ticket resolution changed successfully.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks,
Claire

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Gabi Franck Atlassian Team Feb 15, 2019

Hey, Claire

Is this DONE column the last one (on the right side) of your NG board?

Only the last column will set the resolution field automatically. In case this DONE column is not the last one, than it will be considered as a 'In Progress' column in your board.

No, it is the 2nd to last column! Thank you I will test this :)

Like Gabi Franck likes this
Gabi Franck Atlassian Team Feb 15, 2019

You're more than welcome, Claire!

Do let us know the outcome :)

Hi,

we have moved the DONE column to the very right on the board. The resolution of the existing DONE tasks are still showing as UNRESOLVED.

However, if I change the status of the DONE task to testing and then back to done the resolution updates :) The little TICK even appears!

Thanks you, Claire!

This was the fix I needed. 

The key takeaway is to move the issue out of "Completed" status and into another status within your workflow (Doesn't matter which one). Once complete, place it back into the "Completed" column which then updates the resolution category.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tarun Sapra Community Leader Feb 15, 2019

Hello @Claire Coupland 

Please see a discussion about your requirement here

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Marking-issues-as-closed-or-won-t-do-in-the-next-gen-backlog/qaq-p/923451

If DONE is not the last column then currently there is no way to explicitly set resolution in the next-gen projects.

We noticed a ton of our tasks in the rightmost column were not rolling off, so in case anyone else has that issue I think I fixed ours by dragging the tickets back to the left one column and then re-dragging them to done (our rightmost column). Once I did that the little green checkmark that says they're "done" appeared on the card. Hopefully this will mean they'll start rolling off in 14 days.

Are these rolling off? I don't think they are 😬

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Jira

The add-in you’ve been waiting for: Jira Cloud for Excel 🙌

Introducing Jira Cloud for Excel Here at the product integrations team at Atlassian, we are thrilled to announce the new Jira Cloud for Excel add-in! This add-in lets you export Jira data directly ...

872 views 6 24
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you