Next-gen resolution of DONE tasks set to unresolved

Claire Coupland February 15, 2019

We are using a next-gen board to manage our project tasks. We have changed the status to NONE but the resolution has remained as UNRESOLVED. We have not found the setting to change the resolution to RESOLVED when a status is DONE.

I created a test board using the kanban template and the test ticket resolution changed successfully.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks,
Claire

4 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Gabriele Franck
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 15, 2019

Hey, Claire

Is this DONE column the last one (on the right side) of your NG board?

Only the last column will set the resolution field automatically. In case this DONE column is not the last one, than it will be considered as a 'In Progress' column in your board.

No, it is the 2nd to last column! Thank you I will test this :)

Like Gabriele Franck likes this
Gabriele Franck
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 15, 2019

You're more than welcome, Claire!

Do let us know the outcome :)

Hi,

we have moved the DONE column to the very right on the board. The resolution of the existing DONE tasks are still showing as UNRESOLVED.

However, if I change the status of the DONE task to testing and then back to done the resolution updates :) The little TICK even appears!

Shannon Phillips October 24, 2019

Thanks you, Claire!

This was the fix I needed. 

The key takeaway is to move the issue out of "Completed" status and into another status within your workflow (Doesn't matter which one). Once complete, place it back into the "Completed" column which then updates the resolution category.

Ariel Najlis May 19, 2020

Hi ALl, can you help me please? I only get the TICK on the very column of the next gen board. How can i also get a TICK for a column to the left of the very right but also  with a TICK? For example a Cancelled status. Then, can i have two columns with a TICK?

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2019

Hello @Claire Coupland 

Please see a discussion about your requirement here

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Marking-issues-as-closed-or-won-t-do-in-the-next-gen-backlog/qaq-p/923451

If DONE is not the last column then currently there is no way to explicitly set resolution in the next-gen projects.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2019
0 votes
Gunavathi Cheenepalli February 12, 2020

I have noticed that tasks when moved from "To do" are transitioned to "Done" directly, resolution field is not getting updated. However, if I transition it to "In progress" and then to "Done", resolution field is getting updated as "Done". 

I have also noticed when you bulk transition issues from "Done" to "Done", resolution field gets updated to "Done. 

Do we have to manually transition these to get resolution field updated? 

0 votes
Thomas Serio March 23, 2019

We noticed a ton of our tasks in the rightmost column were not rolling off, so in case anyone else has that issue I think I fixed ours by dragging the tickets back to the left one column and then re-dragging them to done (our rightmost column). Once I did that the little green checkmark that says they're "done" appeared on the card. Hopefully this will mean they'll start rolling off in 14 days.

Michael Fisher March 28, 2019

Are these rolling off? I don't think they are 😬

Suggest an answer