Next-gen how to change board name?

Guilherme.motta July 22, 2019

I'm the owner of a next-gen board and it does not let me edit its name.

How do I do that?

at /secure/ManageRapidViews.jspa

I don't see the "..." button to change it.

4 answers

2 votes
Rodolfo March 6, 2021

I just tried it again as described by @martimlobao and it works.

1. Got to Project Settings -> Features.
  2. Disable "Sprints" feature.
  3. Go back to the board. At this point the board name will show up and it can be modified.
  4. Go back again to Project Settings -> Features and enable "Sprints".
0 votes
martimlobao December 12, 2019

I asked support for help with this, and Gino Sandoval Purata replied with this incredibly useful answer, so I thought I'd share. The third method allows you to rename a board even while you've got an ongoing sprint but deactivating and reactivating the Sprint feature in project settings.

When a sprint has not been started what you see is the board and you can rename it as it is shown in the next video.
Renaming Scrum next-gen board.mp4

When a Sprint is in progress what you see is the Sprint name, the way to change its name is as shown in the next video.
Sprint rename.mp4

The workaround to change the name of the board while a sprint is active is by disabling first the sprint feature as is shown in the next video.
Board rename workaround.mp4

ilyafriedman April 24, 2020

Vids don't work for me...

Christiaan August 27, 2020

Hello, I would also like to find out how to do this

Rodolfo March 6, 2021

Same for me. Renaming the project does not rename the board and we are stuck with the old board name and videos don't work for me either.

0 votes
Guilherme.motta July 23, 2019

Hi Oly,

That is not true in my instance.

I want to rename where it says MTP board. How do I do it?

Please check below:

same screen as yours Jira.pngboard screen jira.png

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2019

Hi @Guilherme.motta ,

Please confirm that whether you have the administrator permission for the MTP board?

Guilherme.motta July 25, 2019

Hi @Ollie Guan 

Yes, I am an administrator and I created this board.

MTP was: Motta Test Project

But now, I don't want it to keep that name..

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 28, 2019

Hi @Guilherme.motta ,

I am not sure if I understand what you mean.

You have changed the project name to XXX Eng Team, but the name of the project is still displayed as MTP?

Guilherme.motta July 29, 2019

Hi Ollie, what you described is correct.

I would expect the board to no longer show "MTP" given I changed its project name..

But it does..

My question is:

Is there any way I can possibly rename "MTP" for good?

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 29, 2019

Hi @Guilherme.motta ,

Have you ever tried rebuilding the index after modifying the project name?

0 votes
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 22, 2019

Hi @Guilherme.motta ,

The next-gen project does not have a separate board name, it is consistent with the project name, you can modify it in the project settings.

bn.png

Suggest an answer