It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Next-gen group fields in Tabs

Hello,

How can I group fields in TABs using the Next-Gen project? 

I am at Project Settings, Configure, Issue Type, but I cannot find the item #2 of the figure below.

What am I missing?

jira_tab.PNGhttps://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/configure-field-layout-in-the-issue-view-961798059.html

I am an Jira Administrator and Project Administrator, using Jira Cloud.

Thanks in advance,

Eduardo

3 answers

0 votes

Hi Eduardo,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

The documentation that you shared is for classic projects using the new issue view and not for next-gen ones.

The option to use Tabs are not available for next-gen since this type of project is more simple.

You can find more details about how to configure fields on the documentation below:

Regards,
Angélica

Thank you Angélica.

Is there a plan when we can see Tabs in Next-gen project?

We still don't know if and when it will be implemented. There was no feature request suggesting this, so based on your question, I created one:

- Ability to use Tab Fields in next-gen

Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

0 votes

Hello Eduardo,

The Document you linked applies to Classic projects and the options are not avaliable in Next Gen projects

There is a note about this at the top of the page you linked:

This page is about configuring the fields that appear in the new Jira issue view for classic projects.If you're working in a next-gen project, take a look at Customize an issue's fields in next-gen projects.

Next-gen projects are independent of any system configuration, so the screen schemes needed for the process outlined in the document you listed for classic  projects won't be applied to next-gen project types.  And the Document goes into more detail about the configurations but currently screen configurations are not possible so tabs cannot be added at this time.

Currently the option to modify the fields is to move fields between the context fields and hidden fields as covered in the document linked above with an option coming soon for Paragraph fields as covered in:

Regards,
Earl

Thank you!!

Like Earl McCutcheon likes this
0 votes
Joe Pitt Community Leader Sep 18, 2019

FYI: Tabs are simply a logical separation of fields. Under the covers JIRA treats all the tabs as one screen, Also, when going to an issue the first tab always opens. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

273 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you