Next Gen : Private project and private boards

cokefour February 13, 2021

I have a problem where I add a user to a private nextgen project but they still don't show up in the access list even when I make them project administrators. I have to make the project "Limited" but that allows other Jira users to browse it and comment on issues. Why is it so difficult to set permissions in Jira. Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2021

Hi @cokefour ,

When a project is private, only Jira admins and people you add to the project can see it in their project directory or its issues in search results.

Jira administrators (anyone with the Administer Jira global permission) always have access to your project's settings.

Private

Only admins and people you add to the project can search for, view, create, or edit its issues.

Limited

Anyone with access to the "aclsandbox" Jira site can search for, view, and comment on this project's issues. Only people you add to the project can create and edit its issues.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/next-gen-permissions/

Suggest an answer