Next Gen Automation: If not assigned move to backlog

Claudia Michelbach April 28, 2022

Hi there,

we wanted to automate some processes and we've added a rule that says:

• when {value > assigned person} changed
  • then "change status to backlog"

But somehow it always puts the ticket to the column before (Selected for Development). Any idea what's wrong here?

2 answers

0 votes
Claudia Michelbach May 2, 2022

Hi Garrett, 

so I finally managed to solve this... I guess it was related to a very stupid mistake... As my computer language is German I also had to add not only the field value "assigned to" but also the German "Zugewiesene Person".... 

Thanks anyways for your help!! 🙏

I When Wert ändert sich für.png

Garrett McCreery
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2022

I'm glad you figured it out! Good luck to your future endevours!

0 votes
Garrett McCreery
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2022

Hi Claudia. Does your workflow have a "backlog" status? Is this a Scrum or Kanban board? Can you provide some screen shots?

Claudia Michelbach April 28, 2022

Hi Garrett, 

this is our current flow but we've disabled the backlog funcionality in the settings... MILES-Board-–-Agile-Board-Miles-Mobility.png

So I'd like all tickets that are not assigned (or all tickets that have been assigned once but then de-assigned) move back to the backlog column. 

MILES-Board-–-Agile-Board-Miles-Mobility (1).png

Thanks for your help 🙏

Garrett McCreery
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2022

Seems doable. Can you share some screen shots of the current Automation that you are using that is not working?

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Claudia Michelbach April 29, 2022

There you go - is this sufficient? 

MILES-Milla-Details-Miles-Mobility.png

Garrett McCreery
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2022

Based on your workflow, you have to be in a status where you are able to go back to the Backlog. Do all statuses have a transition back to the Backlog?

yes, all status can be moved back to backlog... 🤔

Garrett McCreery
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2022

Can you show me a few expanded audit logs from the automation? Seems like this should be working as expected.

unfortunately can't as the automation so far didn't work and no audit logs have been collected... We also have another automation running (if task got assigned automatically move to "selected for development") and this works smooth as expected - might there be a conflict in between those somehow?

The problem that I'm facing can be found here:

file:///Users/claudiamichelbach/Downloads/MILES-Board-%E2%80%93-Agile-Board---Miles-Mobility.webm

Garrett McCreery
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2022

Yes that could be the issue if your rule (in the Rule Details section) have the following checkbox checked:

screenshot.png

However, you are saying that the rule has not run yet, so I don't think that is the cause. Have you tried turning off all other rules except this one to see if it indeed works?

Unfortunately I cannot use the link that you posted to see more information.

Suggest an answer