It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Newly created user cant get access to JIRA server

After installing JIRA server and creating users I got feedback from my user base.

When my users got a email invitation they could not log on to my JIRA server. "The error message was: safari cant not open the page because it could not connect to the server". Does anyone know what I might need to do to fix this situation were a user cant connect to my JIRA server? I have the server running and I am logged in.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hello @Andrew Chung

PPlease verify on product access /users, if you gave users access.

Screenshot_20190919_215934.jpg

1 vote
Answer accepted

Hi @Andrew Chung ,

You have to make sure that your users can reach your server.

Things you can have a look at:

Are the users in the same network or do they connect via internet.

If they are connecting via internet, is your server exposed to the internet or is there a firewall or something like that. 

Are you using a base URL that can be reached via internet or are you using local domains/server names.

I have given the users access. And in fact I even put them in a project group and gave them access. The users must connect over the internet. I do have a firewall so i wonder how i can give some people access that need it and block everyone else? I was using the base url.

Like elenushhh likes this

I don't think that the firewall is the right thing for that.

You could use a reverse proxy with an authentication to allow only specs users.

Can your users try to ping your base URL or do a trace route?

I figured out that the best way to do this would be to get JIRA cloud. It would be cheaper and easier. without having to work with the firewall problem and having a url.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

275 views 1 2
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you