Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Newbie user questions with Jira (web cloud)! Edited

Ant I'm New Here Jun 15, 2021

Hello.

I just started using Jira online (cloud) with a startup company as of last week. I have a few newbie questions:

1. Is there a way to word wrap in Jira's scenario forms? Not everyone has big screens on their computers. It's annoying to scroll horizontally long texts. :(

2. Does Jira's web site not support fully keyboard navigations? I can't use my arrow keys to scroll up and down in issues' and their comments' forms. Same for page up and down keys to skip screen page. This is in my new 64-bit W10 Pro PC's Firefox v89 web browser. I'm an old school clicky keyboarder. I had to use the mouse. :(

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)

2 answers

Hey, I'm a newbie myself and I had a similar question.

I wanted to make the formatting with the text under the 'request form help and instructions' under the request form of a 'request type' look better than a paragraph that truncates any space.

This page helped me a lot. 
https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/WikiRendererHelpAction.jspa?section=breaks&error=login_required&error_description=Login+required&state=1d30741d-f803-4987-a4a7-a2161ee288c8

For example, a new line needs a \\ with a space at both ends and bolding text will need the asterisk at both ends of a string of characters. 

Thanks. I was hoping it can do be like a true editor without having to know symbols and tricks. I'm surprised there is no wordwrapping option at all. :(

1 vote
Daniel Ebers Community Leader Jun 20, 2021

Hi @Ant

welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Jared has already given many useful hints - for keyboard navigation I found some Suggestions on Atlassian's issuetracker,

Could be indeed responsible for what you are seeing when trying to navigate via Keyboard.
There are some more which could be related to keyboard usage, like this one:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-42806

You can watch those issues over there, then you will get mails alongside their own journey through fixing/implementation.

Regards,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you