Newbie needs help assigning a Group to a Issue Security Scheme

Tony Lister October 15, 2019

I have created a new Issue Security Scheme and a Group for a Project but the Group  does not appear on the dropdown to associate with the Security Scheme - the only option in the dropdown is Anyone. 

Any suggestions please on why the Group does not appear in the dropdown to Add Members to Security Level

image.png

image.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 17, 2019

Hi Tony,

I understand that you are trying to add a group to a security role in Jira Cloud, but are unable to see that group name. 

I tried to recreate this problem in my own Cloud site, but so far I have been unable to do so.  I am curious to see if perhaps there is something in your client environment or Cloud environment that might be causing this.   It looks like you might be using the Edge browser in your screenshot.  So one thing I'd be interested to try out would be to see if perhaps this same problem extends itself to either the Firefox or Chrome.   If those work, then I'd like to learn more about that browser to see if perhaps there is a browser extention that might be hiding some content, or possibly sneak a peek at the browser's console logs to see if elements on the page are failing to load here.

Please let me know.

Andy

Tony Lister October 17, 2019

Hi Andy,

Many thanks for picking up my problem.

To deal with your second point first, I have tried in Firefox and Chrome and found the same issue:  "Anyone" is the only item on the dropdown against Group on 

Add User/Group/Project Role to Issue Security Level page.

So, it may well be that your first point applies - that there is something in our client environment or Cloud environment that might be causing this.

Please can you advise on how we can hunt down that something?

I can share whatever may help with you.

Thanks again,

Tony

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 17, 2019

Hi Tony,

Sorry to hear that didn't help.  I'm afraid I can't find anything else just yet that might explain this behavior.  So I created a support case on your behalf.  You can see this in https://getsupport.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/23/JST-521836

As a site-admin of a Jira Cloud site, you can create these requests yourself in the future by reaching out directly to the https://support.atlassian.com/contact site, selecting Technical issues or Bugs, select Jira, choose the Cloud platform, and enter in your Atlassian Cloud URL here.

Someone from our Cloud support team will be better able to take a closer look at your site to see if we can learn more about this issue to help here.

Cheers,

Andy

Tony Lister October 17, 2019

Many thanks for your help Andy. Much appreciated.

Cheers

Tony

Suggest an answer