New workflow deleted sprints

Hello,

I implemented a new workflow for a project, and it wiped out all of the existing sprints for the project. The new workflow was not all that different from the previous one, and I was able to associate the new workflow with all issue types in the project, but now all of my sprints are gone. Do I have to just create new sprints every time I update, or change, a workflow, or can I recover my previous sprints?

Thanks,

Brian

3 answers

Are you using the same board for that project?

I put a ticket in on this issue, and the response from Atlassian was that there is a ticket in their system to address this as a bug in the program, but they also said this will not be addressed any time in the short term. Currently, the choice comes down to if you want to keep your sprints, then you have to implement the old workflow as Agile works off of history, so if you implement a new workflow you interrupt the history Agile was tracking. With my particular instance of this problem, we decided to keep the new workflow as it was more important in the long term, but we had to rebuild new sprints.

Oh, I see. This is good info. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

Meet the AUG leaders of Northern Virginia

@Rachel Wright (Jira Genie), @Billy Poggi (AUG NOVA, DC), and @Dana Jansen (Confluence Queen) are just some of the folks that lead one of the world's most active Atlassian User Group (AUG)....

118 views 4 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you