New users don't receive verification mail

Jennifer Sander January 3, 2018

Dear team,

I have created a new user and have given that person access to confluence, jira software and jira service desk.

I have also triggered the welcome mail. But for one reason or another, that person does not receive the verification mail. Re-setting the PW does not do the trick either.

We have already ensured that the mails are not being filtered by our company's firewall. 

Is there an option that I - as an administrator - crate a PW for the user and share it with her then so she can log on?

2 answers

0 votes
Kiran Soni February 28, 2018

Hi Andrew same issue with me as well, I have created a new user with email id, but at the time of login just it shows we have sent the verification email to your email id and not even single email received.

Please advice.

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 1, 2018

Hi @Kiran Soni,

I would recommend to you the same process that I recommended to Jennifer.  Please create a support request on https://getsupport.atlassian.com

Please provide your Cloud URL, as well as the date/time of this invite.  If you can also provide the user account or email address this invite was sent to, I believe that our Cloud Support team should be able to help you in regards to this problem.

If you're not using a Cloud instance of Jira, please let me know.  The steps would be different for you if you are running Jira on your own server.

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 3, 2018

For our Cloud instances, I don't believe there is anything that you can do from your end to track down this message.  My understanding is that the Atlassian Cloud instance is sending this message.  It is possible this could have been blocked or filtered by some other service closer to the cloud side than to the mail server of the recipient.

In this case I would recommend creating a support ticket on https://getsupport.atlassian.com   You will need to provide your Cloud URL in order to create this ticket, but if you explain this issue in your ticket and provide the new user's email address, perhaps one of our Cloud support team members can better help track this down to see if there is something more Atlassian can help out with here.

Jennifer Sander January 4, 2018

Hi Andrew,

thx for your response. I did indeed create a support ticket and they were able to resolve it on the backend. Unfortunately I do not know the root cause for that now...

Cheers

Jen

Suggest an answer