New users can't login

Julien Ferrant September 21, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: User Management Troubleshooting and How-To Guides

I have created new users through the csv import plugin -imported issues assigned to users which did not exist beforehand, user was created when the issue was imported).

I have modified the user's name and password.

After triple-checking, I'm still getting the following message : "Sorry, we didn't recognize that username and password combination. Please double-check and try again."

This neither works using the user's email or the user name, even if I switch it from "First Name Surname" to "fnsurname".

2 answers

0 votes
Julien Ferrant September 21, 2016

Yes they are well members of this group (which is jira-software-users in our environment).

0 votes
Sebastien Jacques
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2016

Bonjour Julien,

you need to make sure that the users are members of the jira-users group which is required to login.

warning The "jira-users" group is the access group by default: it could be a different group if your administrator decided to be creative.

Suggest an answer