New tutorial for Jira Service Desk workflow

Markus Dummermuth May 31, 2016

Hi I am new to Jira,

I would like to setup a workflow in JSD. Unfortunately I could not find a in detailed help about what happened during a transition and what could be configured. 

• I would like to setup that a mask needs to be filled when a state changes.
  • I would like to start an stop the SLA time counter

Where can I get more information about JSD Workflows?

Thanks for your support

cheers Markus

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2016

Hello Markus,

Lemme try help you!

SLA

You can configure the SLA time counter at:

1. Acesse the project
  2. Click on Project Settings
  3. Click on SLA
  4. Click on Edit button

Now you can setup the status to pause or start the time counter.

sla2.PNG

Also you can setup the goals to based on JQuery.

Mask

I think you trying this:

• IF the status is X
    THEN enter this value on Y field.

Right?

Step by step:

1. Access the Service Desk Project
  2. Click on Project Settings
  3. Click on Automation

You have a lot of option to do and is very simple learn how to setup automation rule. You also read here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/blog/2016/01/automatically-triage-email-requests

If you have any question please comment here.

Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2016

@Markus Dummermuth, did it help you?

1 vote
Chris Dunne
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 31, 2016

You can think of JSD as a layer on top of JIRA. It is JIRA that provides the workflow functionality. Request Types in JSD are mapped to issue types in JIRA and these have JIRA workflows attached.

There is no specific functionality in JSD that allows you to edit a workflow - you need to look at JIRA's own workflow editing capabilities and change the workflow associated with the underlying issue types for your request types.

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/configuring-workflow-720412524.html

Suggest an answer