New team managed project not showing on existing personal board

kristian_gregersen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 15, 2024

Hi community,

My team is working on several Team Managed Software projects (scrum) in parallel. In order to visualize them in the same scrum sprint, I have created a personal board that uses a filter to select the projects. When we initially set up this workflow, we first created 5 Team Managed projects. Then I created a filter to select the projects and a personal board that uses the filter. This works fine. The issues from the 5 projects are displayed correctly on the board.

However, problems arise when we try to add a new Team Managed Software project to the board. If I create a new project and modify the filter accordingly, the issues in the new project do not display on my personal board. I have checked the that the filter works, i.e. selects the issues in the new project, and I have made sure to "save changes" to the filter. 

Can anyone tell me why the tasks from the new project do not display on the board?

As a test, I tried to create a new personal board that uses the same filter as the existing personal board. Interestingly, the new board correctly displays the issues from all the 6 projects, i.e. including the new one. Does this mean that a personal board can only display projects that already exist when the board is created??

Any help is much appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2024

Hi Kristian,

I suspect there is something set on your board like a quick filter or sub-filter or something like that. Can you share some screen shots with appropriate details? 

kristian_gregersen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 15, 2024

Hi John,

Thanks. Below is a screenshot of the board configuration where you can see the filter details, and a screenshot of the top of the board which shows the quick filters etc.

The "problematic" project is the bottom one: "Team 367 - Viking Genetics". As you can see in the first screenshot, we also use the "Team" field, which I did not mention in my original question (for brevity). 

Any insights from this?

screenshot.PNG

screenshot2.PNG

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 16, 2024

So I would create a filter that just uses the Team and the new project and see if issues come up. If so, I would update the filter to take out the new project and see if the issues show up again. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events