New sprint name is based on diffrent project

Ireneusz Kozłowski April 24, 2017

Let's say I have 2 projects with keys

ASDF

ZXCV

When I click 'Create spring' in project ZXCV new sprint is created with name ASDF #number

I belive it's because I (probably) copied configuration from ASDF project but its really problematic/confusing now, where can I change it?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2017

Sprints do not belong to projects, they belong to boards.

When you are clicking "create", it is looking at the boards that include this project and trying to add a sprint for the board it finds for that project.  You'll need to take a close look at what boards include the project.

Ireneusz Kozłowski April 24, 2017

I knew that sprints arent assigned to projects, but was under impression they are globally defined not assigned to boards, thanks for clearing that up.

I checked in Settings for ZXCV board and in General tab I only have assigned ZXCV project (Projects in board) and board is only shared with ZXCV project.
FYI Filter Query is: project = ZXCV ORDER BY Rank ASC

But I also have 3rd board on which I aggregated multiple projects including ZXVC but not ASDF and when I created sprint there. Sprint had name ZXCV #number

#Edit

So now after I created sprint on this 3rd shared board it appears ZXCV board is fixed. When I create spring I get ZXCV #number, but now I don't understant why I see first spring which was created in ZXCV board on this 3rd board but I cannot see any new sprints I create for ZXCV

#Edit2
Okay so apparantly you need to have issues assigned to sprint or wait some time till it's shown on other boards

Suggest an answer