New project does not show up on Move

Marcos Minshew September 15, 2014

JIRA OnDemand

Have an existing Project. Created a new Project and using all same schemes (it would be nice if I could "clone" a project). I can see the project, I can create an Agile Board for the project, and create issues in the project ... but when I try to move existing issue from the old to the new, the project does not show up in the MoveIssue drop list.

Why not?

5 answers

2 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2014

Hey Marcos,

You need to have "Move Issues" and "Create Issues" permissions in the target project. Please check your project permissions.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Moving+an+Issue

Cheers

Bhushan

Elif Alverson April 4, 2017

Brushan, 

I have all the correct permissions however project I want to move my issue still not visible.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Like MuhammadR likes this
0 votes
Deleted user May 26, 2021

Go to Settings --> Issues --> on the left side, scroll down and select Permission Schemes. 

You will now see all of your project schemes. your new projects will be listed in another scheme. 

Select the Scheme name with your new projects. 

Scroll down to "Move Issues" and in the Project Role will probably be Admin and Managers. You will need to select edit and in my case I had to add Jira Service Desk Agents. 

0 votes
Felipe Bez Fontana July 23, 2020

Hi everyone. Same problem here.

HELP Jira Team!

Malika ELKHARRAZ September 8, 2020

Hi all, same problem here, I have all the needed permissions

0 votes
Donna Sprague June 23, 2020

I have the same issue, I have Create and Move permissions in both projects and I am a admin in both, yet my new project doesn't show in the drop down.  

0 votes
Kopal_Shukla February 17, 2020

Hi,

I am also facing similar issue.

Please help resolving

Suggest an answer